Anyone who is about to go for a home inspection process might be wondering what it’s all about. If it’s the first time you are having a property inspected, you might be confused as to what entails a proper home inspection. If you have already found a home which you are interested in buying the first thought you might have is to purchase it immediately. After you have made an offer and the offer has been accepted, it’s time for a property inspection. For someone buying a home for the first time this might seem like something which isn’t in their genre of knowledge.
A home which is more than a decade old needs to be inspected by a professional home inspector. They help identify the problems within the home and al make suggestions for rectifying those problems. Basically such homes have more problems when compared to homes which have been newly built.
What entails a property inspection in Melbourne?
- You would need to carry out a home inspection with the help of a professional once you approve of a place.
- An inspection window of about a week is allotted. It is necessary to have the inspection during this period only.
- Once you request an inspection, a property inspector would visit the site and carry out a thorough investigation.
- They would check for problems like mould, cementing issues, wiring issues and a few more things. Once that’s done they would prepare the report.
- The report is one of the most important things during the whole process. It is this report which would help you insist on repairs to the seller before you move into the home.
What major defects can be found during a home inspection?
During a home inspection quite a few minor defects can be observed. These would include something as small as problems in a door not opening or closing properly to something big like the presence of mould etc.
The following are a few defects which the he inspector would find during a home inspection.
- Problems within the foundation of the home. Large cracks due to separation might occur in a house. These are somehow one of the most expensive repairs which could be made. There could be instances when the inspector would find over stressed wood work or poor workmanship.
- Another issue which can’t be overlooked in the electrical problems within a home. This is a problem which is normally found within older homes. While these homes must have been constructed no a great deal of attention was given to the building codes. Improper wiring and cabling is the number one cause of problems within the building structure.
- The roof of a home/even the simplest of roof leak can lead to really costly repairs.
- Plumbing issues. Temporarily fixing the leak may help solve the problem for the time being but could lead to major issues in the long run.
This is why it’s so important to have a property inspection carried out in Melbourne.