Tips for hiring the right house painter
Are you searching for house painters in Melbourne? While most people simply don’t give much thought when it comes to hiring a painter, it’s necessary that you hire someone who is completely professional. This is because hiring the right house painter can help you make the most of the paint job. Also when you hire someone experienced you know that they would take care of everything. Everything from getting rid of the old paint to finishing a perfectly done job with an additional top coat to weather proof it.
The following tips would help you find the right house painters Melbourne.
- Make sure you meet at least three or four contractors before hiring one. You can get all the references that you need from friends and family. You may have the meeting at your home so that each of those contractors can assess the place and see whether they would be able to handle the project in the time frame that you mention. Also meeting different contractors means you have a list of different quotes. You should choose a quote which is within your budget. However, don’t scrimp too much because you might have to end up compromising on the quality of the service.
- Let the contractor know what you have in mind. If you are looking to get rid of the unevenness in the walls, make sure you mention it. Also if it’s a specific colour theme that you have in mind, make sure to talk about that as well. It should be kept in mind that paint jobs can actually have a major impact on the way your home looks. You need to invest in a paint job which ensures that your space looks great and there is no risk of any allergies for your loved ones. Choose paints which are high quality and free from harmful chemicals.
- Don’t forget to take a look at some of the previous projects. While everything in a brochure might look well and good, it is actually taking a look at the work in person which would help you get an idea. If you know someone in the neighbourhood who might have hired the contractor you are considering, make sure you find time and visit their place.
- Also make sure to check their credentials. You should hire people who are known to be reliable and provide high quality service. True professionals make sure their work speaks for them.
- Don’t forget to get a contract in writing once you have hired a house painter in Melbourne. The contract should contain all the important information regarding the painter and the service that they have undertaken. The contract might also contain the total estimate of the job.
- Get to know if they offer a guarantee on their work. Any blistering, chipping or flaking way before time should be addressed immediately.
- Be on the lookout for lead. Older coats of paint might contain some amount of lead and the painter has to take extra precautions in getting rid of the old paint.